Monday, June 13, 2011

Daniel 2 - Day 1

Good Afternoon, Sweet Studiers!

I've just finished spending some time reading through Daniel 2. When I stopped and honed in on the first 9 verses of the chapter, I could sense great frustration in King Nebuchadnezzar. It seemed that he was desperate for the truth. He called in all the experts, and still he wasn't able to find the answer to his questions.

This passage made me realize what a privilege it is to serve a god who allows me to have direct access to Him for truth. He has given us His Word and the Holy Spirit to guide us through the twists and turns of life. Nebuchadnezzar had no such guide.

When I finished reading, I realized that King Nebuchadnezzar's searching is not unlike the searching that we see in our secular society today. There are psychics, fortune tellers, and prophets yelling out guidance from every direction. But, King Nebuchadnezzar wasn't satisfied with these counterfeit options.

Unfortunately, as our world becomes more and more loud with TV, internet, music, and movies the Truth of the gospel often gets lost.

This section of Daniel 2 challenged me to be a speaker of truth in the midst of a chaotic world. It challenged me to carry truth and God's guidance to so many who are frustrated and searching for answers.

How did it strike you?

1 comment:

  1. While you took it from Nebuchadnezzar's point of view, I looked at it from Daniel's side. I took from it that God is able to use us to accomplish tasks that are humanly impossible if we allow Him to work through us.

    ReplyDelete