Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Daniel 2 - Day 3

Good Midday, Wonderful Ones!

I don't know about you, but I'm loving my time in Daniel. Today, as I was reading through Daniel 2, a few key concepts stuck out to me:

1. In verse 18, Daniel petitioned his friends to pray for him. Y'all, the power of a prayer community is supernaturally powerful. I've experienced the power of God through the prayers of His children.

2. Daniel immediately praised God when He answered His prayer (verses 20-23). I think sometimes we're quick to pray but slow to praise. These verses challenged me to make sure that I make a habit of praising God.

3. In verses 28 and 30, Daniel makes it abundantly clear to Nebuchadnezzar that his abilities to interpret dreams is only because of the power of God in him. He takes no glory for himself, rather gives it ALL to God. I like that. Satan loves nothing more than to convince us that the good that we do is by our own doing. It isn't. That's blasphemy.

I hope that God is revealing more and more to you each day. Know that I'm praying that for you.

And, you'll also notice "Daniel 3 - Week at a Glance" is up and ready at the top of the page. I'll be starting it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment